Are you getting feed back from your child’s school that they just can’t seem to finish their work, are just not grasping the concepts, or they can’t get along with their peers? Do you notice that it takes a very long time for your child to finish homework or they seem to never listen? Do you feel scattered, pulled in too many directions, and can’t seem to get started or organized? You or your child may be experiencing symptoms related to a learning disability (dyslexia, dysgraphia, or dyscalculia), an attention disorder, developmental disorder (autism spectrum disorder), or other psychological/cognitive concerns. We specialize in providing competent and comprehensive psychological/neuropsychological testing and evaluations for children, adolescents, and adults.
A comprehensive psychological/neuropsychological evaluation can help to figure out what is really going on. We can determine if what you are experiencing is a clinical concern and how to address it if it is.
Psychological/ Neuropsychological Testing What to Expect:
While the specific assessments used will vary depending on your individual concerns the following is what you can expect in terms of amount of hours spent on your evaluation and the specific services.
- 1 hour Diagnostic Intake to go over important background information and presenting concerns
- 6 to 8 hours of face to face testing across two to three days (intelligence, academic, memory and learning, executive functioning, and emotional functioning.)
- Computer administered self report questionnaires. (They can be completed in office or they can be emailed and completed remotely).
- 1 hour school observation (if applicable)
- 6 – 8 hours of scoring/report writing
- 1 hour review of report results and recommendations.
If you are interested in how a psychological/neuropsychological evaluation can benefit you please contact us. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have!