Rates/Fees for Services
Rates/Fees for services provided are as followed unless other arrangements have been discussed and agreed upon:
- Diagnostic Intake/Interview, individual, couples, family, or child psychotherapy:
- $200/55min Session
- Comprehensive Psychological/Neuropsychological Assessment: $200/hour (includes 1 hour diagnostic intake, 4 – 8 hours of face to face testing, 6 – 8 hours of scoring/writing, and 1 hour in person review of report and recommendations for a total of 12 – 18 hours or $2400 – $3600).
- If you have elected to utilize your insurance benefits you will be responsible for any service hours not covered by insurance at the rate of $200/hour.
- A 10% discount off the final charges will be given to fee-for-service patients who DO NOT use insurance to pay for psychological assessment services
- If you do not require a full evaluation we will discuss fees for services specific to your presenting concerns during intake.
- School Observations/Consultation: $125/60 min meeting (plus travel time, see rates below)
- Preparation, travel time, and testimony for court proceedings: $300/hour or any portion thereof prorated to 15-minute (.25 hour) increments.
- Administrative tasks: $100/hour, prorated to 15-minute (.25 hour) increments – includes email, telephone conversations with you or professionals whom you have authorized us to speak with on your behalf, and/or any other tasks that you ask for outside of scheduled therapy sessions (i.e. completing forms and/or writing letters).
- Miscellaneous fees:
- In our efforts to be environmentally conscious copies of reports will be provided electronically via PDF. Printed copies are available by request. The first printed copy will be complementary. Any additional printed copies will be $0.25 cents per page (e.g. 20 page report = $5 fee).
- Travel time for school observations / school consultations (travel times are one-way trips, estimated through Google Maps)
- Up to 15 minutes:$50
- 16-30 minutes:$100
- 31-60 minutes:$200
We are currently paneled with the following insurance companies HMSA (PPO and HMO), HMSA QUEST, and HMAA.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for assessment and therapy services.
We’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many therapy sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- Do I have out of network benefits for mental health services? If so, what does it cover?
- Does my mental health benefits cover psychological and/or neuropsychological testing? If so how many hours are covered?
If your insurance provider does not cover the desired services or if we are not paneled with your insurance provider we do have cash pay options (as detailed above). Though we may not be paneled with your insurance, there may be an option to use out of network benefits to receive reimbursement for services. Many plans may cover a substantial portion of assessment and therapy costs (ranging from 50-100%). As stated above, it is your responsibility to determine if your insurance plan includes out of network coverage and at what rate. While we do all we can to provide accurate estimates of coverage and benefits, you are ultimately responsible for all charges incurred from our services.
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. Payment for services is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been discussed.
Payment for psychological/neuropsychological assessment is due in two parts. When we schedule your initial appointment, we will provide you with an estimated total cost for the evaluation (including insurance coverage if you choose to use insurance). Half of the estimate is due on the day of testing. The remaining balance is due when your insurance claim is processed, or if you are not using insurance, at the feedback session.
If you are unable to attend a therapy session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. Otherwise, you may be charged the cancellation fee of $100/hour scheduled.
- Assessment appointments: We typically schedule 2 to 3 hour appointments for each client to complete testing across 2 to 3 days (for a total of 4 – 8 hours). Given that we dedicate this much time to each person, and appointments are usually booked weeks in advance, cancellations or no-shows are quite costly and are unlikely to be rescheduled quickly. We require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice for rescheduling or cancellation of an assessment appointment to allow us time to find someone else to take the appointment. Without such notice, fees will be charged as follows unless alternative arrangements are discussed:
- Cancellations (within 48 hours of appointment) OR no-shows (no communication prior to missing the appointment): $100 per service hour
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!